OMR still the best investment in Chennai
Chennai, now ranked the 9th in the list of the world’s best cosmopolitan city, is morphing into a realtor’s
dream metro, with its immense infrastructural growth, in the last few years. The city is still growing and is accommodating new industries, making property investment a profitable option. Almost all the projects in Chennai are customer-centric, ensuring optimum customer satisfaction, thereby rendering real estate investment more feasible.
The Future Highway – GST ROAD
The GST Road (NH45) starts from Kathipara Junction and extends to Theni. The road stretch has defense establishments, educational institutes and hotels on it. Real estate investments in OMR – GST Road, is bound to give a high ROI. Hectic realty activities are foreseen in the ‘future roads’ along
Vandalur – Kelambakkam, Vandalur – Oragadam – Walajabad and SingaperumalKoil – Sriperumbudur.
The CMDA is planning a 40 km elevated corridor from Chennai to Chengalpet along the GST Road. This highway will stretch along the Chennai airport to the toll plaza near Chengalpet. It will be the gateway to south Tamil Nadu. It will decongest the NH 45. More such corridors are on the anvil, once the infrastructure is in place. All of these 3 future roads connect to GST Road! This, hence, connects them to the IT corridor and OMR. These roads are widened into four or six lanes. There are already hospitals, colleges and schools in the vicinity.
1. The increasing demand for space in the city and long hours of travel from the work place has led many families and IT professionals to relocate to Old Mahabalipuram Road (OMR).
2. Not only is the demand for property catching up in OMR, the area has witnessed a corresponding rise in demand for houses on rent.
3. Proximity to already developed areas such as Tambaram and Guduvanchery.
4. Connectivity by rail and road to localities such as Oragadam.
5. The presence of a number of industries such as the Maraimalai Nagar Industrial Estate, for instance.
6. A viable investment for future developments, thanks to the residential and industrial development along this belt.
7. Connectivity between OMR and ECR, two important roads in South Chennai, is set to improve with the Highways getting the go-ahead for the alignment of a 1.4 km long four-lane road.
8. The 30.5 meter wide road will have service lanes, footpaths and storm water drains.
With all such developments, GST Road will undoubtedly be the main artery of the TN road structure. Investing in these real estate hot spots will fetch more returns on your investment.The Chennai city index has shown a steady rise in the rental and the buying markets. South Chennai continues to be the preferred zone for realty investments. OMR tops the list of preferred residential localities, closely followed by Porur and Velachery.